Pepin Academies-Pasco County is a public charter school which receives their Charter from the local school district and complies with all applicable requirements of state law and the public school system as well as their Charter. Federal Law may also apply if the school is the recipient of federal grant funds. All students attending the Pepin Academies-Pasco County must have a learning disability or learning related disability which may include, but not limited to: Specific Learning Disabilities, Language Impairment, Speech Impairment, Asperger’s Syndrome, Other Health Impairment, Intellectual Disability, Pervasive Developmental Delay or a medical condition that affects learning. Students must have a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP). If Pepin Academies-Pasco County believes that the School is not an appropriate placement for a particular student, it shall request an IEP team meeting. The IEP team will determine whether Pepin Academies Pasco County is an appropriate placement based on the needs of the student.
Application process-Pepin Academies-Pasco County
- Applications will be taken until a pre-determined date (deadline to be determined on a yearly basis with board approval).
- Once received, applications will be vetted to determine if appropriate for special education setting. Students not appropriate will receive letter reiterating mission statement and targeted population of Pepin Academies Pasco County.
- If student is deemed eligible based on presence of an IEP, name will be included in lottery.
- Analyze openings (per grade level) and set date for lottery.
- Publicize lottery.
- Hold lottery on assigned date.
- Students chosen in lottery will then be accepted into the school as openings allow.
- Remaining students will comprise the wait list.
- Any applications received after the lottery will go on the wait list in the order they were received.
- Repeat process for following year.