Admission of Students
Pepin Academies-Pasco County is a public charter school which receives their Charter from the local school district and complies with all applicable requirements of state law and the public school system as well as their Charter. Federal Law may also apply if the school is the recipient of federal grant funds. All students attending the Pepin Academies-Pasco County must have a learning disability or learning related disability which may include, but not limited to: Specific Learning Disabilities, Language Impairment, Speech Impairment, ASD, Other Health Impairment, Intellectual Disability, Pervasive Developmental Delay or a medical condition that affects learning. Students must have a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP). If Pepin Academies-Pasco County believes that the School is not an appropriate placement for a particular student, it shall request an IEP team meeting. The IEP team will determine whether Pepin Academies-Pasco County is an appropriate placement based on the needs of the student.
OPEN ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES
In the event that more students have requested to enroll at Pepin Academies-Pasco County than there are spots available (Capacity of School: 325) by the deadline established, a lottery will be held to determine which students will be accepted. Currently enrolled students will be re-enrolled automatically. The following students will be given preference, so long as students enrolled through preference are not a significant portion of the school’s student body in the admission process under State law.
- Students whose parents are staff members with Pepin Academies
- Students whose parents are on the Board of Pepin Academies
- Students who have siblings enrolled with the organization
- Children of Active Military Families
Application process-Pepin Academies-Pasco County
- Applications will be taken until a pre-determined date (deadline to be determined on a yearly basis with board approval)
- Once received, applications will be vetted to determine if appropriate for special education setting. Students not appropriate will receive letter reiterating mission statement and targeted population of Pepin Academies-Pasco County.
- If student is deemed eligible based on presence of an IEP, name will be included in lottery (date to be determined on a yearly basis with board approval)
- Analyze openings (per grade level)
- Publicize lottery
- Hold lottery on assigned date
- Students chosen in lottery will then be accepted into the school as openings allow.
- Remaining students will comprise the wait list.
- Any applications received after the lottery will go on the wait list in the order they were received.
- Repeat process for following year.
For the 2018-2019 school year, Pasco County Schools no longer require out of county residents to complete a School Choice Application or an “out-of-county release” when applying to a charter school in Pasco County. All residents (“in county” and “out county”) must apply directly to the charter school under their controlled open enrollment process listed above and in accordance with the governing board capacity required by F.S.102.31(2)(b & d).
Board Approved-2/7/2018FOR ALL PARENTS/GUARDIANS INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR A PROSPECTIVE STUDENT